As the Principal Tutor, I understand how important it is to get the right people for the job in order to run a successful teaching business. So I spend a lot of time and effort sourcing the best Russian teachers in London.
All my Russian teachers are:
- Russian native speakers with University degrees and often PhDs in Linguistics and language teaching.
- Bilingual in Russian and English, often with good command of other European languages.
- Familiar with all the commercially published teaching materials (textbooks) and develop their own materials to supplement the textbooks.
- Familiar with the requirements for the Russian language exams in the UK, such as GCSE or TRKI.
- Serious professionals with years of language teaching experience in both Russia (university level) and the UK.
- Dedicated to the teaching profession: they are freelancers, but teaching is their full-time job.
- Personally selected and approved by me and work with my support.
The tutor selection process includes interviews and trial lessons with real students, in my presence.
When a new course is set up, I will send you a profile/short CV of your tutor, and after the first lesson I will contact you to make sure you are happy to work with this particular tutor. I try, as much as I can, to match the right tutor to the right course, judging from people’s personal qualities and interests. This is especially important in 1:1 lessons, where a good working relationship between tutor and student is vital.
At the end of the course, I ask our clients to fill out an assessment form, which is designed, among other things, to assess the tutor’s performance.
In short, I can guarantee that your teacher will deliver the course at the highest professional level.